Friday, March 1, 2013

Teacher - Sylvia Dutch


We are pleased to have another teacher to introduce.
Her name is Sylvia Dutch and she teaches sewing. Here is her introduction and information about her class.
I've been sewing for about 35 years.   I do garment construction, quilting, Home Dec sewing and of course, teaching.  It's only been in the last 6 years that I've been teaching.  I took several workshops in Portland, Oregon at the Palmer/Pletsch System of Sewing School.  I recieved my C.S.I. (Certified Sewing Instructor) in October 2006.  In 2007 I went back to school and got certified in Fitting .  In 2009 I went back to Portland and took a course in pants fitting.  I've been teaching sewing in the Specialized Recreation "Sewing for Fun" class and boy do we have fun.  It's a great group of people who come to our class and we all learn something new every day. 
I will be teaching  Lotus Flower Votive holder.
This class is a beginner/intermediate class.  You will learn to use Mouldable stabilizer to make Leaf and Flower shaped bowls.  Supplies include:  Mouldable Stabilizer, fabric for one Lotus Flower Votive Holder, and thread for satin stitching.
Class will be on May 5 - 2 - 4 PM
Cost  - $27.
Kit fee of $8.00 is payable to the teacher before the class
Registration will begin March 4

No comments:

Post a Comment