Thursday, February 14, 2013

Teacher - Shelley Mackie

We have 2 more teachers to showcase, myself (Shelley Mackie) and Jackee Thaysen - Jackee will be teaching Quilting
A bit about me. I have been a knitter for about 55 years, yes I started when I was 3. So I guess you could say I have always knit. Socks are a definate passion of mine and I always have 2 or 3 on the go at any given time. I enjoy teaching sock knitting and look forward to the moment in class when a person turns a heel for the first time. I have been teaching sock knitting for about 10 years.

I will be teaching Sock knitting.
If you can knit and purl then you can learn to knit socks. This class will be 3 hours long and during that time you will knit a small sock. The socks are knit on 4 needles from the cuff to the toe. You will learn to knit in the round, ribbing, short rowing, directional decreases and how to graft the toe.Turning the heel of a sock is quite challenging for most beginner. I will help you learn all of the steps to successfully turn a heel.. I will supply all of the information you need in a nice booklet, yarn and needles. You will leave this class knowing how to knit socks with any yarn and any needle size.




socks I knit for my Grand daughter Meika  - see the blog post here

The socks we will be knitting in class will be with plain coloured worsted weight yarn on 3.5mm needles and will fit a child about 2 years old.

There will be a $10 charge for the supplies
Beginners very welcome as long as you know how to cast on, knit and purl
The class will cost $40. and registration will begin March 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment